A beautiful smile is one of the greatest investments you will ever make, and we understand it is a very big decision. A beautiful smile is one of the most attractive characteristics of any person, and it can increase self-esteem and confidence. Choosing the right orthodontist is an important decision, so we invite you to read through the below to get to know our office better and learn about the significant details that make us unique.
- Experience! Robinson and Ries Orthodontics has been serving Columbia for over 31 years and has created thousands upon thousands of beautiful smiles!
- We have an enthusiastic, well-trained, and experienced staff. Most of our assistants have been with the practice over 5 years; some over 15; some even over 25 years! You will always see the same smiling faces! Our orthodontic assistants are all experienced, knowledgeable and compassionate people. Our entire team strives to provide each patient a positive, fun, and caring experience.
- Patient Centered Approach to Treatment – Most orthodontic practices have only one type of bracket system that they employ, and the patients’ needs and demands must fit into that office’s systems and approach. At Robinson and Ries Orthodontics, we have mastered various systems that allow for a patient centered approach to treatment. A few examples of the systems our doctors use include Invisalign Clear Trays, Damon low friction self-ligating braces, 3M clear ceramic aesthetic braces, Titanium (Nickel Free) Orthos brackets, Herbst and Forsus overbite correctors, and both Bonded and Banded palatal expanders. Our knowledge and skill with various systems will allow us to truly customize treatment to your needs.
- Less Visits –Outstanding Results. We employ techniques that allow us to maximize the work completed at each appointment, thus eliminating the need for monthly appointments. Most patients are on an 8-12 week appointment interval without increasing overall treatment time, and some treatment can be tailored for even larger intervals when appropriate.
- Accelerated options – If length of treatment is the most important factor for you, we can customize your plan to include additional techniques such as AcceleDent or Propel for trimming 20-40% off treatment time.
- We use the very latest treatment technology available. For example, our office utilizes the brand new iTero scanner to digitally scan teeth for Invisalign. This means our Invisalign patients don’t have to do impressions, and we can virtually show them what their smiles will look like at the end of treatment!
- In house lab – This allows for higher quality and customization of appliances.
- Invisalign expertise- Dr. Ries has completed the most Invisalign cases of any orthodontic specialist in Columbia, MO.
- Adults Welcome – Over 25% of our patients are adults! Our range of patients is from 7 years old to 77 years of age. You are never too old to consider the benefits of orthodontic treatment.
- NO ANSWERING SERVICE here- Dr. Ries provides his personal mobile number on the answering machine. You can call or text him any time with questions, concerns, or emergencies.
- Parents are always welcome in our treatment area. We believe in communication with our parents and even have chairs in the treatment area for our parents to sit with their children, if desired.
- Bonded Retainers – Ask any hygienist, and they will tell you that Robinson and Ries Orthodontics fixed retainers are the easiest to clean and maintain good oral hygiene. We are the only office in town that places easily cleansable lower bonded fixed retainers after treatment. Our custom fixed retainers are permanently bonded to only the lower canine teeth, but custom adapted not bonded to the remaining teeth. Thus, easy to floss and NO Floss threaders. (However, if you don’t want a fixed retainer we have removable options as well – YOUR Choice!)
- Many area dental professionals such as family dentists, oral surgeons, periodontists and their staff members have given us the privilege of treating themselves, their spouses and their children. This is the highest compliment we can receive, when other professionals in our field trust us with their loved ones!
- Office and diagnostic procedures are integrated by means of the most sophisticated orthodontic computer systems available. Patients can access both their account and appointment information 24 hours a day via the internet with a specific code assigned to each family. From scheduling appointments, to taking pictures and x-rays, to financial functions, we have streamlined the process to make it as “hassle free” as possible.
- We utilize an automated appointment confirmation software program that will call you the night before every appointment to remind you. We also have an available automated e-mail appointment reminder system, as well as text messaging reminders.
- We follow the guidelines established by the American Dental Association and the Centers for Disease Control and routinely replace our sterilization equipment to assure all sterilization methods are current and safe for our patients.
- As a courtesy, we file your insurance for you and accept payments directly from your insurance company.
In summary, orthodontic treatment is a gift to your child or yourself that will have a lifelong effect! We hope that you have found this information helpful, and we would love to have you join our family of patients. We encourage you to talk with other families who have chosen our office for their orthodontic needs and ask them about their experience. It would be a privilege for our entire team to treat you or your children! We hope you sense the excitement we have for all the benefits that modern orthodontics has to offer! Our team is committed to making sure your treatment is a positive experience, and we will do everything we can to ensure you finish with the most beautiful result possible!