The community health awareness group, Oral Health America has reported that 82 percent of adults are unaware of the role that infectious bacteria can play in tooth decay or cavities, and almost three out of five children aged 12 to 19 have tooth decay. Since June is National Smile Month, Dr. Dave Ries and his staff at Robinson and Ries Orthodontics thought we’d remind our patients about the importance of good oral hygiene visits between office visits.
To keep your family’s smiles healthy and beautiful for years to come, be sure to:
- Brush at least twice a day
- Use your prescribed fluoride tooth paste as directed
- Floss every day to clean between your teeth
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet
- Reduce your intake of sugary foods and drinks
- Visit Drs. Robinson and Ries for scheduled appointments
- See your general dentist regularly for check-ups and cleanings
If you want to know more about healthy home care habits, feel free to ask our team at your next appointment, or ask us on Facebook!